Tuesday, November 8, 2011

the last of the 30's

In less than a week, I will be 39.

yes...I said it,

39!

And all I can think of is, "OMG!"


For me, (be prepared....I feel a little pity party coming on), this is a bit depressing.  Kinda like when I turned 25 and realized I had to be an adult.

at 39, this is my last year in my 30's.  That means only 1 year left to accomplish everything I had hoped to do in my 30s - yet have not been able to accomplish in the first 9 years.


getting to my goal weight
writing a book
getting out of debt
having kids
running for fun
taking an art class
being involved in a community charity
have ALL of my filing done

I really am not one to not be thankful for what I do have....but right now I am a bit sad....depressed....disappointed....(tear).

ok...pity party is over!  (that babble was really pathetic, wasn't it?)

I think of this verse:

Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.  Phil 3:12

So I haven't hit my goal weight....I'm still working on it...I press toward it to make it my own....

So I havent written a book....but I've started my blog.....

I'm not out of debt....YET!  

Kids..."no"...KID...."YES!"  (And an amazing one at that!)

Running for fun...(who are we kidding...is there really such thing as a 'fun run'?)

Taking an art class (yes...still want to...just need to sign up!)

Being involved in a community charity...(I'm very involved at my church and we support the community....but I need to personally get involved in something....it all starts on Nov 18th at the Red Cross Gala....we'll see what happens)

having all of my filing done...."not that I have already obtained this.....I PRESS ON TO MAKE IT MY OWN".....keep on keeping on......


I may not be driving my dream car, in my dream size of jeans, with my dream bling on my finger, to my dream vacation home.....but I am living the dream.

I have an amazing family that loves me
I have a great job that works with my family
I have an incredible church
and.....

39 years old.....

is better than the alternative.....

life doesn't end in your 30s....

it just begins!

It's up to me to determine how the next 39 years will play out....


with love,
Tammy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by....I'd love to hear from you.