Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Its a Big, Big World.....

Today starts the beginning of something new for us....kindergarten.



Dropping him off at school was a bit surreal.  The flashes of phone pics from the "mom-arazzi", finding his desk, taking his 1st day picture, seeing who he is sitting by, seeing friends he knows, making new ones....seeing the tears in some of the mom's eyes as they say goodbye, then stand in the corner to watch and make sure.  Its too much for this momma.

Of course, he handles it like its nothing.  But to me, all I can think of is that this is 'real' school.  There are report cards and home work, will his feelings get hurt or will he hurt someone else's feelings.  Its a big, BIG world out there.   Did I do enough to get him ready?  Five years went by so quick, there is still more to teach him.  

Then I'm reminded of this.....

Jesus loves me this I know
For the Bible tells me so
Little ones to Him belong
They are weak but He is Strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me
Yes, Jesus love me
Yes, Jesus loves me, 
The Bible tells me so.


He is strong - and he doesn't belong to me, he belongs to HIM.  And while its hard to imagine anyone loving my son more than I do, He loves him more than I ever could..  

So this year, Jarrett...
Learn Lots
Love More
Explore
Grow
Smile
Sing
Enjoy yourself
This is your year!

--------------------------

"All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten"
by Robert Fulghum
Most of what I really need

To know about how to live

And what to do and how to be

I learned in kindergarten.


Wisdom was not at the top

Of the graduate school mountain,

But there in the sand pile at Sunday school.



These are the things I learned:



Share everything.
Play fair.

Don't hit people.

Put things back where you found them.

Clean up your own mess.

Don't take things that aren't yours.

Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.

Wash your hands before you eat.

Flush.

Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.

Live a balanced life

Learn some and think some

And draw and paint and sing and dance

And play and work everyday some.

Take a nap every afternoon.

When you go out into the world,

Watch out for traffic,

Hold hands and stick together.

Be aware of wonder.


4 comments:

  1. Yes here I am at work, crying a bit! Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me cry! I remember when you went off to kindergarten...I bawled all the way home from the bus stop with Mark tagging along side of me and looking up wondering what the big deal was. He got to be "king" for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by....I'd love to hear from you.