Thursday, August 1, 2013

Such Joy....


As a mom, there is nothing that makes me happier than to see pure JOY in my son.  This summer, I have been blessed enough to see it almost every day.

It makes the time go by fast, when you are having fun.  To me, time passing is bittersweet; I just don't want the moments to end.

Where does the time go?  It is already August and summer is almost over.

This summer has been one of the best, funnest summers we've ever had.  Jarrett has developed a true friendship with 2 little boys.  He's had friends before, but these ones are "knit" in his heart.  And with that, I've seen him grow up just a bit more.  It reminds me of the story in 1 Samuel 20 - David and Jonathan, friends that truly loved each other.

When you have a friend:

  • it makes sharing easier
  • it makes you braver to face new challenges
  • it makes learning fun
  • it turns rainy days into fort building adventures
  • it gets you excited when they have good days
  • and, it helps you remember to pray for them when they are having hard days.


And, in all of that, you grow.  And my baby, toddler, preschooler and now Kindergardener is "big boy" now.  Seeing that transform in just a few short months, this Summer '13, to me is Such Joy!

with love,
Mommy Tam-Tam





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by....I'd love to hear from you.