Saturday, February 16, 2013

"fancy-shmancy".....A Valentines Day Recap

I celebrated Valentine's Day with both of my valentines.....

And we had a "fancy-shmancy" dinner.



Sometimes it feels hard to get romance in when there are little feet around.  But this time, I thought I would include him.

We set the table together as a "apprise" (surprise) for daddy.
We brought out our best table cloth, put on the beautiful tulips Jeff gave me, sprinkled candy hearts around and lit the candles.

We made daddy's favorite dinner and a separate favorite for Jarrett.

During dinner, Jeff and I told our love story to Jarrett - which he thought was fun.  And it was fun, letting him get to know how we met, how we fell in love and how daddy proposed.  It was special to us and it as we shared our story, it became special to him.

I think that is important...with all the divorce and separation in the world today...I think its vital to let our kids know that we are committed to each other and actually still "like" each other.  Seeing us as friends as well as family is important.  We are a team and we love it.

After dinner, Jeff and I just had a little time to ourselves to talk and catch up.  Jarrett ran off and played, but like every 5 year old, always wanted to "interrupt".  It was good to remind him that mommy and daddy need our own time too...and he let us talk. :)

After dinner....dessert.  Chocolate cake.  With "love notes" written in chocolate on the plates.

So, although we didn't go out to a romantic dinner, valentines was special for everyone.

We hope you enjoyed your special day with your loved ones also.

with love,
Mommy Tam-Tam




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by....I'd love to hear from you.