Wednesday, November 9, 2011

When I'm Not, He IS

Pike Place 2011
I was reading some blogs this morning....and I read this....and it touched me.  I really love reading Casey Wiegand - she has become a kind of inspiration to me in blogging.  You can read from Casey  more here.  
"If you haven't already gathered, or happen to be reading this blog for the first time in your life, I am a melancholy girl through and through. I find beauty in not only the beautiful things in life, but the bittersweet and sad as well. To me, there is something poignantly lovely about the human experience from its splendor to its grief. God created all our emotions, not just the happy ones, and for His good purposes. That's why a good cry can feel so good. And hitting our limits forces us to look outside ourselves for a Savior. It is in the plea, when we're at our end, that we can find that which is truly life-giving. Personally, my moments of deepest grief, deepest pain, have resulted in the most beautiful seasons in my heart. I've met God more intimately in those moments than in all the other pleasant ones combined. What isn't completely lovely about that?"

I completely identify with this.  The melancholy, the finding beauty is ashes.....and most importantly, all of it pointing to the need of a Savior.  

How amazing is that...that when you hit your limit....you have no choice but to look outside of yourself for a Savior.  After all, it seems like Psalm after Psalm, David is doing this....crying out to his Savior.

What is your Psalm?  Are you waiting to hit your limit before you look outside of yourself for a  Savior?

So why the pic of the boys in my life with this post?  (on a side note...did you notice the guy with the umbrella?  only in Seattle would you have an umbrella OPEN inside)

They remind me of why I need a Savior every day.  

When I hit my limit at being a wife........ I need Jesus
When I get frustrated with the lack of naps and snotty noses...I need Jesus
When I'm at the wits end with dishes in the sink.....I need Jesus
When I don't know how to answer all of the questions....I need Jesus
When my agenda is replaced with his.....I need Jesus
When my feelings get hurt.....I need Jesus
When my attitude is getting bad.....I need Jesus
When life throws me a curve ball...I need Jesus
When I don't have enough....I need Jesus.
When I'm not...God is "I AM".

And, as she says..."What isn't completely lovely about that?"!

with love,
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by....I'd love to hear from you.