Tuesday, November 22, 2011

when there are changes, who do you trust?

Do you like your feathers ruffled?

I don't.

I'm not big on change....small or big.

How can butterflies do it...change absolutely EVERYTHING about them and do it with such beauty?

I guess they do it to survive..... and as a result they are able to SOAR!

Yes, change seems to be always hanging around...this time for me it was Jarrett's doctor.

We got the letter, she was retiring from private practice.  WHAT?  How could she...didn't she know we needed her?

We really loved our pediatrician.  When I was still pregnant with Jarrett, we interviewed several (I mean lots) of pediatricians.  I had a whole spreadsheet of questions, requirements, etc.  I was overprotective of him...even in the womb.

So now, the process started all over again.  Do I stick with the Doctor who was taking over the practice?  or search out to find a new one?  what about the issues we've been working with?  will a new doctor know what to do?  how to care for him?  love him as much as our last one has?  will he like her?  will he trust her?

When you think about it, it can be stressful.  That is when you have to realize that its all a matter of trust, and WHO you are trusting.

In this process, I found I was putting more trust in the pediatrician instead of the Great Physician.   I know that I have to find the best doctor for us, but my trust in my son's health must remain in Jesus - no one else.   After all, it is God who gives us our very breath.....breath.....breath.... so important to a kid who has struggled with breath over the years.  God gives us our breath, our life, our health.

So while we did find a great new pediatrician whom we both love, our TRUST is in HIM.

I know this is Thanksgiving week, and most blogs are posting on the fun recipes they are making, the things they are thankful for, and other *Holiday* related things.  I'm sure I will soon too.  But to me, I'm THANKFUL for placing my trust back in Jesus.  You see, even though change is all around us...big and little - HE NEVER CHANGES.


... God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
 So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. 
   ... Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever
Hebrews 13:5-8

with love,
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by....I'd love to hear from you.