Thursday, December 1, 2011

...Santa Claus is coming to town.....

I am loving Santa Claus right about now.
Jarrett - 12 days old
We've been getting out all of our Christmas books and reading them.  We've learned that St. Nicholas and Santa are the same....kinda like "purple and violet."  We know all the reindeer by name, have watched the claymation movies, have Christmas music playing in the car ALL THE TIME.


No, I don't BELIEVE in Santa...but I do think it was ONE SMART MOMMA who came up with the idea...

You know...as the song goes...

You better watch out
You better not pout
You better not cry
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town


This makes working through bad attitudes of a 4 year old easy breezy....

Am I just awful for using SANTA to help turn a pouty face to a happy face?!?
Should I feel guilty?
Am I a bad elf?


Maybe... BUT....


...when bad attitudes or just plain naughtiness is taking place....

SANTA TO THE RESCUE!

Jarrett - Age 2
...when he doesn't want take a nap.....

SANTA TO THE RESCUE!

Jarrett - Age 3

...when he would rather just play and not come to dinner....

SANTA TO THE RESCUE!

Jarrett - 1 month 


He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake!

I do realize that when Christmas is over, it's back to me being the "bad guy" when it comes to all these things.  But in the meantime, I'm working the Christmas Magic as much as I can.

Now don't hate me....we also know the REAL reason we celebrate Christmas.  The birth of our Savior, the story of the wise men (not only 3), the manger, all of it!  

But, Santa is just fun.  And as you can gather from this post...I'm definitely having fun with it!
 
In fact, I think I'll just hum this little tune and grab me some egg nog!

with love,
Tammy


p.s.  I'm linking up with the blog hop.  Be sure to visit Miss-Mommy and the other blogs joining in on the hop!




1 comment:

  1. Hello! New follower from the blog hop following via RSS! Thank you so much for linking up with us :) Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by....I'd love to hear from you.