Monday, January 30, 2012

Wishing and Hoping....

Remember the movie My Best Friends Wedding? And the theme song, Wishin' and Hopin'. I love me a good Julia Roberts chick-flick. Hoping for her to get her true love. Despite what she might think or believe.

Today, this became a new reality for me. Not getting my true love, (I already have that). Rather understanding hope. There are so many things I hope for. And quite honestly it frustrates me to no end when people, especially those that I love, discard my hopes and dreams. When they tell me I don't understand reality. Well truth be told, I don't. And today I realized that is ok.
When everything was hopeless, Abraham believed anyway, deciding to live not on the basis of what he saw he couldn't do but on what God said he would do. And so he was made father of a multitude of peoples. God himself said to him, "You're going to have a big family, Abraham!" (Romans 4:18 MSG)
I love Abraham. And Sarah.

  • Their FAITH.
  • Their HOPE.


Believing God for a child helped me to understand and them more than if I hadn't struggled with infertility. And today I love their hope.


  • When it seems hopeless, God tells me to hope.
  • When it seems impossible, God tells me it's possible.
  • When it seems like there is not even a breath left in me, God says to prophesy to the dry bones for new breath.


The end result? A father to a multitude of people..
For me? HOPE renewed.

And soon my multitude..... But until then, I'm keeping my head in the clouds - full of hope - a little out of anyone's reality except God. After all, that is all that matters anyways.

So keep hoping. I'm right here with you!

With love,
 Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by....I'd love to hear from you.