Friday, September 9, 2011

A Typical Thursday Night!

Thursday Nights: Farmer's Market

I love Thursday nights. It almost always entails a stop at our local Farmer's Market.
There is something about it - shopping in the open air market - that just can clear my head. Seeing the fresh produce, knowing where it was grown and discovering which farm you like the best. For me, I always start at my favorite booth, Schriebber and Sons Farms. There I found the sweetest kale, herbs, swiss chard and artichoke hearts. I just about had to wrestle a lady's gay-husband for the last kale, but it was worth it. Then on to get peppers, purple potatoes and fresh cherry tomatos - reds, yellows and purples! I cant wait to make a caprese salad and saute some over fresh whole wheat pasta. The possiblities are endless. Necterines & golden raspberries round it out for a dessert to be created, maybe a smoothie.
Can't you just taste it?
Let's get cooking!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by....I'd love to hear from you.