Friday, October 14, 2011

Celebrate 2011 - A Time For Me

Being a momma, you can get so busy. Busy doing chores, running errands, working, taking care of your family, doing ministry, and every other demands in your day.

But I learned something this weekend. Let me share.

This week I have been at Celebrate 2011 in Seattle with one of my favorite Pastors of all time, Pastor Wendy Treat. Ever since I first heard her speak when I was attending school at ORU I fell in love with her. I love her spunk, wit, and incredible Godly wisdom. She really is an amazing teacher.

Today I learned that I'm not busy. Our lives can be full but busyness is really undisciplined life. I get to choose what I put in my day and what I say no to.

This is a huge. We can get overwhelmed with all the little details and not see the big picture for the vision of our life and family. It's the daily choices that take us along our our road to our destiny and purpose.

To walk in the fullness of what God has for us we really need to look at 3 things:
1. How we order our day (time management)
2. What we say (Proverbs 20:19)
3. What we think (Rom 12:2)

So this is my confession: no matter how full my day is, I'm not too busy. Too busy for my husband. Too busy for my son. Too busy to share the goodness of God. After all, it's the goodness of God that brings men to salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by....I'd love to hear from you.