Friday, October 28, 2011

Fall.....tea...coffee...fires....thoughts....

From Pike Place Market - A Must Have
 Just a few weeks ago, I was at Pike Place Market with some friends and I picked up one of my favorite teas.  This really should be a staple in every pantry, especially for fall.

And this week, fall hit hard.  The weather has a bite in it, and so does this tea.  It's all I've been thinking about all day at the office and it's the first thing I made when I got home....

...Shoes kicked off....kettle turned on......and soon I heard the lovely "whistle" the kettle sings when my "heaven in a cup" is ready to be poured.

The orange spice aroma nearly filled the kitchen...mmmmm!

Fall....more warm toasty, tasty drinks.



 The rich, full-bodied italian coffee with an amazing creme.....



....simply divine!



I love roasty toasty things....



.....which makes me miss our real fireplace.


In our old house, (1950's ranch style house)....the fireplace was great.

Not for warming our house - it was really the epitome of form over function.  But the atmosphere it created was warm and inviting.  The smell of real wood burning....the pop and crackle.....the ability to roast a marshmallow in it if you so inclined.  It was great.

But its gone....now we have a beautiful home (2010) with a beautiful fireplace that you can turn on with the flip of the switch.

Its pretty and it actually warms the living room....but its not the same.  And tonight driving up to my family's home and smelling their fireplace burning (their REAL fireplace) made me remember ours and miss it.

I think that's what fall is about actually.  Remembering something that is now gone....you see that concept everywhere.....the leaves changing and falling...reminding you of summer lost....the flowers wilting...reminding you that spring is over......

but its only a season.... and seasons change.....

so in it, enjoy the things this season brings....

like snuggling by the fire....

like going to the pumpkin patch....

And, like Market Spice Tea and yummy Italian coffee....


with love,
Tammy

PS....check out the Blog Fall Festival.  There are some amazing blogs to get linked up with....enjoy!

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by....I'd love to hear from you.