Thursday, November 22, 2012

On Giving

Today is one of my most favorite holidays. I love the hustle and bustle, being surrounded by family, and the magic of Christmas just around the corner.

Normally, I host a Thanksgiving dinner to my large family, but this year we get to be the guests.  It's been 11 years since I've been in Fallbrook for a holiday and I feel truly blessed to be here.  All of the cousins are together now and they are running around with joy and excitement.

There is SO much to be thankful for.

On the crazy long road trip from Washington to California, I asked Jarrett what he was thankful for.  His answer, "giving".

I tried to tell him thanks "giving" is the name of the holiday, but what are YOU thankful  for.

"Giving".

(Silence on my part as I saw his wheels turning)

"You know, we gave food to the people who didn't have any.  And we gave our money to the orphans so they can have a house. It's GIVING"

Yes it is giving.

And I'm thankful he understands giving.

As a mom, you are always trying to teach life lessons.  Sharing.  Caring for others.  Manners.

Now, without even realizing it, he learned giving.  And he's thankful for it.  That he can give.  That is a lesson most adults need to understand.  I think the world would be a better place if more of us really learned giving.

I am truly blessed.

And thankful.


I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, (Philippians 1:3, 4 NKJV)


Happy Thanksgiving, from my family to yours.

With love, 
Mommy Tam-Tam



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by....I'd love to hear from you.