Monday, August 10, 2009

Guilt-Free Mommyhood


Why is it that when you become a mommy, one of the greatest blessings in a lifetime, guilt likes to come along and ruin the moments. It comes from many people, including yourself. Guilt that you are nursing or guilt that you aren't; guilt that you are working or guilt that you aren't; guilt that your child is in daycare or guilt that he isn't. When you are doing work, you feel guilty that you aren't doing some exciting/educational activity with your child. When you are with your child, you feel guilty for the pile of work that is still left to do.....such ugly GUILT! So from now on, I declare, "No More Guilt!"

I was listening to John Maxwell DVD last night and he was talking about cutting out all the non-essentials. So I am cutting out non-essential guilt (which basically means all guilt). Guilt is no longer welcome. The time I spend as mommy is so important that it doesn't make sense to ruin it with guilt.

Every moment I get, I'm going to enjoy. Not worry about what is next on the agenda. Not worry about what is left to do. Just enjoy the moments - each one as they come. Everyday is made up of wonderful moments with the most wonderful husband and little boy God could ever bless me with.

Already I feel great...and am enjoying the best family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by....I'd love to hear from you.